Updated: Apr 24, 2020
What better, than the BEST banana bread AND carrot cake recipe - ALL-IN-ONE.
All credits go to my amazing mother for this one - she had this carrot cake recipe, took out a few ingredients and there it was, a great banana bread recipe too! These are the ingredients as she uses it. Feel free to swop out some of it for healthier alternatives!
10ml baking powder
150gr soft brown sugar
125ml sunflower oil
2 ripe bananas, mashed
Pinch of salt
- Heat the oven at 180C and prep a loaf pan or muffin pan with non-stick spray;
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a big bowl;
- Add the mashed banana and mix;
- Make a hole in the middle of the mixture where you add the eggs and oil, and mix well;
- Add a dash of vanilla and mix;
- The mixture is now ready to go in the tins and into the oven;
- Bake for about 45 minutes (might be less if you are making muffins) or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean. If any wet mixture clings to the skewer, return to the oven for 5 mins, then check again;
- Take out and let it cool completely.
125gr grated carrots
Together with all of the above ingredients
90gr soft butter
90gr cream cheese
180gr icing sugar, sifted
3 ml vanilla
Pinch of salt
Add lemon juice to taste
- The method will be exactly the same as above. The carrots and nuts will be added together with the banana to the mixture.
- For the icing, whisk everything together until smooth;
- Spread over the cake once it cooled completely, and top with some chopped almonds and cinnamon.
Now take it to your room, and tell no one that there's some freshly baked goodness in the house!